What would you do ...

The responses to a situation like this are far too fluid and dynamic to answer from such a general question.
As a father of TWO car seat aged children (an infant and a toddler) it really does make all the difference in the world to have some specifics.
Does the gunfire erupt in front of me, or behind? Can I see the involved parties or only hear the ruckus? Is it close or relatively distant?
All factors that would affect my real-life response.
My infant always goes into the car first, so if she's already belted in and I'm just about to seat the toddler, is my infant between me and the gunplay or further away from it?
How far has my toddler gotten in the "strapping in" process? The majority of gunfire exchanges are over in about 10 seconds or less. If she's already strapped in the best I could hope to do is keep my body between her and the shooters, rather than try to get her unfastened, out of the car, then safely to the ground.
Come up with a quick, specific scenario and let's try again.

I can tell you what happens when things go wrong.
I can see how forces will flow across the landscape.
I can prevent this as a seawall stops the tide, for a moment. But no one can stop the ocean.
I lived through the 1960's-70's, I know the Radical Mentality. I know why the Hollywood elite were murdered

Last edited:
Forget the child seat, put the kid on the floor of the vehicle, crawl into the vehicle with the child, close and lock the doors.....then try to get your gun, crawl to the front, if possible, and get out of there....call 911 if possible - after you and the kid are locked inside your car.

"Double-Huhhh?"

Delete less-than-gracious comment. I'm apologizing for expressing less understanding of poetry and philosophy than I'm used to. .444

Last edited:
Poor gal died, shot after she stood up after putting the child in the seat. Had no warning?

If I am placing my son or any child into a car seat (son is to old and big for them now) and gun shots rang out. I would cover my son with my body to shield him until shooting stopped then get the heck out of there fast. As fat as I am :) no handgun round will go thru me :) or so I hope.

I dont shop in malls since 9/11, I stay out of places where a lot of people gather. Shop locally, stay home at night on the farm.

I dont shop in malls since 9/11, I stay out of places where a lot of people gather. Shop locally, stay home at night on the farm.

I can't argue with that - I was at a Mall a couple weeks ago - looked like Gangsta-Town....probably mostly posers, but you never know. It creeped me out and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Any place that has a kiosk full of Mr. T. gold chains is a place begging for a crime to happen.

Maybe we really need folks like Gecko45 protecting our Malls.:confused:

Back