Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Beretta a300 Outlander

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sf045

Inactive
Hello,

I have a option to buy one of the semi-auto shotguns and I cant decide which one buy first.
Please vote and let me know what do you think.

1. Browning Gold Hunter - 12 Gauge - 26" bbl
2. Beretta A300 Outlander - 12 Gauge - 26" bbl

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you much.

I like shorter barrels but that is neither here nor there. I had to pick browning because I am a fan of the brand. But to be honest either will work just fine. Have you tried holding them? Does either feel better?

Neither for me either..../ 26" barrel on a semi-auto makes it about the same overall length as an O/U with a 28" barrel .....but in both cases, I personally find them a little short and "whippy" ...where longer guns, with a longer sight plane tend to smooth out a swing.../ but the barrel length is relative to the length of your arms, general build, etc...( 20 yrs ago, shorter barrels were the trend --- today, longer barrels are the trend )...

I like a 30" barrel on a semi-auto - especially if its a light gun.../ but I would not go any shorter than a 28" barrel.

Mechanically, they are probably both good options ..both gas guns...the Gold has not been made new in the 12ga for about 5 years now...but there are still some around new in box...

I doubt the stock dimensions are the same....drop at comb and at heel might be different ...so you should know what stock dimensions you need to "fit" you...but that comes with experience...

Back