What would you choose? P226 or 225?

dtslay

Inactive
Now I know that most people love the 225 Sig over at the Sig forum. I handled one the other day and must admit that gun fits me like a glove:)
I've been trying to choose between the 225 and the P226 9mm for awhile now and am so close to going to the 225 that it's not even funny, but just wanted to hear some of the TFL thoughts on the model. Would you choose the P226 or the 225?
It's going to be used for range use and no concealed carry as I live in Ohio.
Is the 225 just as accurate as the P226 and as reliable?
Thanks for any responses.
Terry

If the P225 fits you well then get it. It is being phased out by SIG and won't be around in a new configuration too much longer. I would also save up for the P226. I personally think it awesome. It fits me like a glove and is a tack driver. You can't go wrong with either.

I have found shooter's always do better with a weapon that fits them. Check the pointability of the 225 against the 226, if my guess is right by your post the 225 will shoot better for you. I always qualified with a higher score with the 225 [off duty weapon] than the 226 [duty weapon].

The most popular full sized Sig in 9mm is the P226.

It has a great grip and accepts hi caps flush to the bottom.

Loved my P226 and P220. I like bigger guns.

The P226 is undoubtedly a world class pistol but there's something quite special about the P225. The arguments above regarding choosing the one that feels/fits better are pretty compelling. Although I may pick up a P226 at some point to fill out the collection, the P225 was something that I had to have and have been very pleased to own. Also, the P226 will be readily available in 3 or 5 years. Sadly, that's probably not true about the P225. Besides, they're a steal price wise.

Just my opinion. You're not going to make a bad choice no matter which you take home.

neither since neither fits my hand at all
the tang just pushes down nto the web of my hand too much
i really really like the sig triggers though
and i am really interested in the 357sig round
are there any gunsmiths out there that are known to work on sigs and that one problem?
how does the sigpro stack up?-haven't held one but they look like they have a slightly less severe tang angle, would they be a better choice for someone with such big hands?
thanks

Back