What would you choos for home/self defense?

What would you choose for home/self defense?

• Light with 800 lumen

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Light with 600 lumen and red laser

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Light with 200 lumen and green laser

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Nothing

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATN082268

If you had a choice for a weapon mounted light for a handgun used for home/self defense, what of the following would you choose: a light with 800 lumen, a light with 600 lumen and red laser, a light with 200 lumen and green laser or nothing.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Streamlight-6...Light-with-Red-Laser-/302186712068?nav=SEARCH

If you want more light, this is a good buy. 600 lumen and red laser

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Streamlight-T...ght-with-Laser-Sight-/162378005729?nav=SEARCH

This one is also a good deal. It's the older model that is 300 lumen with the red laser.

I'd go with one of them. Maybe the 300 lumen one because that is still very bright and wont splash quite so much light back at you. I'm no expert though.

I feel like the difference between 200- 300- 600- 800 lumen lights, while noticeable, is not as drastic as you might think.

For in the home use, the lower light version would work wonderfully, and the laser should be very easily visible with the light on. With the brighter one, the laser will still be plenty visible, but not quite as much as with the dimmer light. But if you want a brighter light just because, that's ok too.

I guess id probably go with the regular tlr-2, over the brighter HL version for basic in home defensive use.

I have limited experience with all this though and am no expert.

I do trust this brand though. I'm not sure what 200 lumen light your talking about with the green laser, but id probably choose the tlr-2 over anything else for an affordable and reliable laser light combo.

It's not on your list, but I use WeMo, kinda of an iPhone app/ "We-aponMo-unted" light, but better. It is a remote controller for lights in the house.
I can turn the lights on without a burglar knowing where I am. And engage from cover if required.

Otherwise, a semi-hidden burglar can just wait for your "I'm here" beacon/ light and attack from a position of cover and strength.

No lights on my guns, especially pistols.
The only rooms I need to clear are in my home and I know the layout.
Anyone who does not belong will need a light to find their way around and that will tell me where they are. I have the "home field" advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back