what would ya'll do?

old fart

because of a family emergency i am in need of some money, i was planning on going to the bank then a friend of mine offered this deal. now i have already made up my mind on what i'm gonna do, just wondered what ya'll would do. i have a stoeger cougar 40s&w 6 mags and 600rds fmj ammo, its been shot less than 50rds. he has a kel tec p11 9mm, 220rds of hp & fmj ammo, 3 mags and 2 sets of replacement sights. he has offered me his stuff and $200 boot, what would ya'll do? thanks

Personally I would have told him to keep his stuff and maximized my cash in pocket. Don't know the particulars of your situation, but one less gun in the safe (or doing without for a while) and cash in the pocket for the emergency seems like the coa I would take, especially if it is serious enough that you are considering a bank loan. As a side, Kel Tec is a piece of crap so you are not gaining much with that deal. Go for the max cash.

I would probably sell the Stoeger with the 6 mags and then sell the 40 S&W ammo lot separately. I bet doing that would net you more than the $200 + keltec + his ammo.

How much $$ do you need?

Let me put it another way.... If I needed more than $200 I doubt I wouldnt make that trade unless I only needed $205 and I really wanted a Keltec more than what you have now.

Last edited:
thanks everyone, i decided to keep the cougar, i called the bank and i can get $300 at $30 a month for 12 months on their easy pay plan. i would rather do that and still have a pistol i love than get one i don't like and i don't like the p11. thanks again

Before you go to the bank, you could sell just the ammo for about $300 because of the shortage. Just a thought.

Back