What was Brigette Fonda's gun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatherd

Inactive
in her recent movie where she is saved from death row to be an assassin. It sure looked cool, but could have just been a lot of flash but no real gun. She is holding it on the cover of the video.

Is it a gun, like so many fishing lures, designed to catch more fishermen than fish?

Point of no return was a remake of the french film la Femme Nikita

Bridget is using a walther gsc target model. LOTS of target pistols were used in the american version, while in the french version Nikita is issued a desert eagle with 6 titanium bullets.. the scene is really cool. Get the french version dubbed or with subtitles its a better film (though the ending is weak)

Dr.Rob (resident film buff)

Er,

It's actually a Hämmerli 280 chambered for .32 S&W Long Wadcutter.

As implied, the original French version is considerably better.

- Ron V.

------------------

Looked just like a Hammerli 280 to me ($1765 in .32 in my Shooter's Bible.)

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Okay, so why did they choose such a huge bulky and small caliber weapon for a descrete kill in a public restaurant? Movie trill effect? Just because the gun looks cool?

exactly cause it looked cool.

Often times hollywood puts style over substance.

I've been looking all over for a pic of the walther GSC target model, I'm sure its the gun in question.

Dr.Rob

Yeah that's the piece i had in mind.. remembered it from an old Shooter's Bible. Thanks for the pic. ;)

And as far as hollywood and guns go... accuracy never ever takes precident over what looks neat..

cases in point:

"portable" mini guns, underslung shotguns in predator...

454 casull blowing rat sized holes in BP vests in Alien Nation

44 mag "blow back" in dirty harry films

one handing full auto weapons accurately in the matrix, terminator, etc etc etc

but it does make for fun cinema...

In the case of "Nikita" the weapons are oversized because nikita (anne parriauld) is so slight.. I think it was done to emphasise the effect of Nikita's feminitinty, grace, lean lines in juxtaposition with big ugly menacing hand cannons and rifles. But hey I could be wrong. ;)

Dr. Rob

Ex-projectionist and film buff.
Savage proponent.
Artist.
Hunter.
Citizen.

Daniel Watters is right. It is a cosmetically altered Beretta 93R that had retained its three round burst.

Well, the main reason I got the Hämmerli 280 was Point of No Return. Her gun was refinished. As I found a pic of the movie poster and had the 280 to compare with they are the same except, of course, the grooved cocking grips that work the bolt as the .32's are larger.

ha280.jpg

- Ron V.

------------------

Uh-----I saw the movie, didn't even notice that she held a weapon. :D

Guess my concentration was diverted.

------------------
RKBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back