What type of revolver is this?

Panzerkin

Inactive
1210309818871sn2.jpg

Also if anyone knows what it may be, is it possible to have a version without the black top sight?

Dan Wesson

It was originally a Dan Wesson revolver, evidenced by the distinctive hammer shape and cylinder release latch on the crane.

It has been re-barreled and the rib sight arrangement mounted for PPC (Police Pistol Combat) shooting. Usually one finds S&W revolvers so modified.

There should be a revolver builder's name on the barrel or sideplate.

As with any 'custom' gun, value is what someone will pay for it.

I think Dan Wesson is still in production, or possibly under a slightly different name. The revolver's 'big' claim to fame was the interchangeable barrel arrangement.

So I am under the assumption that it is possible to find a revolver with this type of barrel although it will most likely be a custom creation and it is possible to have it without the top sight bar thing, am I correct?

Also thanks for the info.

Dann Wesson??

CZ-USA ,DAN WESSON at www.cz-usa.com. You do have a Dan Wesson , easily distinguished by the cylinder release thumb latch in front of the cylinder as well as the single post attaching a one-piece grip. It seems from the picture it may have a patent number on the side of the black piece near the rear sight. If so, you can look this up at www.pat2pdf.org .. If not, you can have a competent gunsmith remove the black piece from the shroud. If there is no information on either piece, remove the shroud from the receiver. If there is still no info, remove the grip. If there is still no markings, it may have been customized for tactical or other shooting sport.

S&W custom shop will build you anything you can afford, these guns do not come cheap. Plus it's not really practical for anything but PPC shooting

Would really like to know what that whale weighs! I have seen combo gun knives but that looks closer to a combo gun axe!

Back