What type 1911, Hi Power, or CZ???

Cyric13

Here is what I want the gun to have:
1. .40 or bigger, probaly .40 though
2. Single Action
3. Manual safty
4. reliablity(out of box)
5. accurate(out of box)
Trying to spend around $500.00. Plan to pratice and practice and pratice(you get the point). This gun will mostly be used for home/personal defense and ccw and taken to the range to shoot/pratice. Don't plan on going into competitive shooting yet but maybe later. I also want a gun that is easy to find a smithy for just incase I want some work done. All response help.

Cyric13
thanks in advance and keep shooting straight

Hello. I believe that were I looking for forty or bigger, I'd go with .45ACP in any 1911 I liked although I've been most pleased with both Springfield Armory and Kimber. Personal preferences and what's on sale could make the difference here although the full-sized Kimbers have edged out the Springfields in accuracy in my experience.
If I were going to go with a forty, I'd probably go with the Browning HP. The one I have is accurate and reliable with the vast majority of rounds I've tried. Since you mention carrying cocked and locked, I'd go with these two.

I'm thinking a 1911 in order to meet your requirements...preferrably in .45 ACP. Yes, the Kimbers do edge out the Springfield, but Kimber bit me one time on reliability, and their customer service was awfull. I'm a Springfield Armory fan now.

My vote goes to the CZ-97 .45 why?

- SA/DA option.
- One of the best DA trigger pulls among all pistol designs.
- 10 rds.capacity.
- Loaded chamber indicator.
- One of the softest shooting .45s.
- Very accurate (according to Peter Kokalis, Soldier of Fortune Mag, "the most accurate out of the box .45 he'd ever tried.." )
- Very reliable out of the box
- CZ Quality
About $460.00

Were I you, I would (and did, and do) go with a Kimber model of the 1911A1 in .45ACP. Perfect reliability, awesome accuracy and great workmanship. Can't go wrong with one of them.

Colt 1911 Government Model, available used for $400 - $500 will be the best 45 Auto for the purposes you state. Stick with the 5" barrel. No shorter than 4 1/4" Commander. HTH

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785

Back