What trigger for my project rifle?

Nukem

Looking for some feedback on triggers for my mod 70 project rifle. Leaning towards a Jewell. Are they worth the $200 price?
I just got the barreled action back fro the 'smiths, ordered the glass, waiting for McMillan to build an A4 stock.
View

Nukem, Looks like you have a crew served thing going there! Why not try making the Rem trigger happy first.
Just a thought.
Hank

Nah, .300 Winmag. The action used to have a sporter bbl on it. It's a Win 70 action with a new Douglas XX on it, not a 700. It's a recycle thing, I hunt with a bow mostly nowdays and didn't have much use for a 300 sporter so I figured I'd reconfigure it for some long range work. I want to keep the saftey and the Jewell is supposed to do that and be a drop-in to boot. Just trying to find out if anybodys been using the boltgun versions. the AR model seems to be getting rave reviews.I really like light triggers that break like glass ;)

Jewell, breaks like my NM 1911. Oh yeah have it on my AR also :)

[This message has been edited by metro25 (edited January 31, 2000).]

You'll love the Jewell. It adjust from 2oz to 4lbs. Probably the best trigger made. They're on sale for $179.99 in my Feb. Midway dealer's cat.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nukem:

Looking for some feedback on triggers for my mod 70 project rifle. Leaning towards a Jewell. Are they worth the $200 price?
I just got the barreled action back fro the 'smiths, ordered the glass, waiting for McMillan to build an A4 stock.
View
[/quote]
I had a Jewel trigger put in my mod. 70 Varmit. The gun came with a hs precision stock, the trigger breaks good, but the instalation wasn't just a drop in job. the stock had to be cut a little, and the trigger guard had to be had to be worked on alot.

Back