What to get for $5,000...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATN082268

Let's say you see the writing on the wall and predict that all guns and ammunition will be completely banned (either locally or nationally) in the near future. You hope that anything in possession will be grandfathered in and you have roughly $5,000 to spend before any ban goes into effect. What would you get?

Since this is in the handgun forum, I will assume you mean what handguns would you get. Here she goes:

- S&W 500 X-Frame (just because :D) <$1200>
- Glock 9mm (not sure which model, but definitly a Glock) <$600>
- SIG Sauer 1911 <$1100>
- SIG Sauer P226 9mm <$1100>

Since I already have a few pistols, I would not feel the need to buy many cheap ones, and instead I would buy some nice pistols. If someone had no handguns, I would say it would be best to get a small gun for concealed carry and several other practical guns.

Thanks,

John

Since you asked, our consultation fee will be $3500, leaving much less of your original investment to have to worry about spending.
See how simple life can be.

My response to similar questions on other forums resulted in me being locked out and maybe investigated by the feds.

A Glock 19 and ammo.

A Glock 19 because they will be the most popular and therefore parts will be around for the longest time.

Also, 9mm because the ammo will be the cheapest, but maybe 40 s&w since 9mm will also be the first to go, but you will get less ammo. hmmmm.

Ammo because a Glock 19 can be cared for with motor oil and napkins, so ammo will be the key in all of this.

Gosh I hate Glocks. . . .I just pucked in my mouth while writing this!

I would much rather have a DW Valor Duty treat, but that will cost me ~$1200 in extra ammo and the ammo costs more per round.

You stated the ammunition would get banned. Makes it kinda pointless to own anything other than a historical collectors gun in that situation since it would then be impossible to shoot for practical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back