What to feed a USP40C?

saands

I just bought a HK USP40 Compact and I'd like to find a reasonably priced, good, load and always use it ... at the range and at home if need be. I'm looking at the Fiocchi 145 JHP (somewhere around $210 per 1000), but am entertaining suggestions ... I would rather stay with a factory load, although I might reload some for the range. What do you think?
Thanks,
saands

I think you can feed it just about anything you want to. I did have one failure to eject with 1 of the 300 CCI Blazers, but everything else has been just fine in 2000 rounds. Personally, I like the Winchester USA Brand.

Being the proud owner of one of these fine pistols I had to respond to your question. Your purpose in many cases will dictate what you feed your weapon. Although a good idea few people, I have discovered, actually practice with a higher price and nore potent carry load.

For practice I have shot a lot of UMC (cheap and reliable) and for carry I have been using the Cor-Bon 135 grainer. Recently though I have decided to distance myself from Cor-Bon because of unimpressive data from the shooting world and my own experiences with extremely poor accuracy.

I seem to have landed on Pro Load. Very impressive data derived from controlled tests have shown their 165 gr. load to be incredibly accurate and also to acheive very sufficient velocity and energy (around 1100 or sp fps and about 420 +/- ft/lbs of energy. A unique combination of power, penetration, accuracy and reliability have more than turned my attentions.

Your USP40C will eat almost anything you give to it. In my opinion you could not have made a better choice.

Check out Pro Load at www.Proload.com

Back