What to feed a P32

David Scott

I gave my wife a Kel-Tec P32 for Xmas. Went shopping for ammo today. Picked up 100 rounds of Magtech hardball for practice. The shop had a limited selection of hollow points in .32. I was looking for Winchester Silvertips since they seem to be popular, but none in stock. Instead I bought Cor-Bon 60gr JHPs. It says 1050 fps on the box, which is faster than most other .32s that average 860-900 fps. Anyone got any data on the Cor-Bon round's effectiveness?

Thanks for that link wildboarZ. I had previously felt that the Fiocchi .32 round was a pretty decent choice. I'll be switching to the Corbon ASAP. The only round my P32 chokes on is CCI Blazer.

Thank you, wildboarZ, for the reference. Cor-Bon looks great from the expansion/energy dump side, doesn't seem to penetrate as much as others. Still appears to be as effective as you're going to get in .32 Auto. I'm gonna teach my wife to double-tap with it.

The Winchester Silvertip showed up best in Marshall & Sanow street results, and feeds reliably in all the P-32's of which I know. Federal hollow points did not feed reliably.

Haven't seen street data on the Cor-bon.

The CorBons have an advantage in expansion, but some P32s have trouble digesting them. Don't know why (may be slide velocity?) but Silvertips seem to work well in most all of them.
Regards,
JB

David

My hard chrome P-32 has fired every type of ammo that I've tried with absolutely no problems, except one time. I also thought the .32 caliber Cor-Bons looked pretty good on paper. I like Cor-Bon ammuition in everything else I shoot. However, if you set a Cor-Bon .32ACP on a flat surface next to any other brand, the Cor-Bon is a LOT shorter in OAL. I called Kel-Tec and asked one of their gunsmiths about the short Cor-Bons. He said right out that "he could not guarentee reliable function of the P-32 simply because the Cor-bons were so very much shorter than anything else". In my P-32 the .32ACP Cor-Bon ammunition would just jam into the feed ramp and stop without moving up the ramp and into the chamber. I shot Silvertips for a while then moved on to Fiocchi HP and FMJ with no jams at all. Recently, I've been carrying Magsafes. No problem there, either.

Will

Back