What to do about Waco

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
I propose:

1) Pardon and release the BDs who are still imprisoned.

2) Disband the FBI and BATF, which have no legal authority to exist in the first place.

3) Arrest Janet Reno, Louis Freeh, and every agent who was involved in the siege and charge each of them with 80 counts of 1st-degree murder.

4) Upon being found guilty, defendants are to be publicly executed by firing squad or hanging (defendant's choice). Firing squad to be manned by volunteers from the general population.
-----------

Argument, debate, suggestions, volunteers?

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

Coinneach,

I totally agree with your plan. But what is it going to take to get it done? Force of arms, me thinks.

HHHMMMM, what to do when the government, after a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce us under absolute Despotism? What to do, what to do?

Well, we had a little event known as the Boston Massacre in 1770 where 5 people were killed. Modern revisionist historians like to point out how the snowballs the kids were throwing at the Redcoats were really, REALLY hard and they certainly deserved to be shot.

Eventually, this was one of the primary rallying points for a group of rabble rousers who were tired of paying a whole bunch of money to a distant and unresponsive govt who had no consideration for their rights.

Maybe we should send Reno and company a history book, complete with annotations. Nah, on second thought, you'd be lined up in Lon Horiuchi's sights tomorrow. Let's let it be a surprise ;)

------------------
"Put a rifle in the hands of a Subject, and he immediately becomes a Citizen." -- Jeff Cooper

Coinneach, I believe you forgot to to #1 Compensate the newly released BDs for their time in prison, loss of rights and loss of close friends and family. Money to be provided by Messrs Freeh, Reno(she ain't no madame) and Clinton and the entire staff of ATF and FBI who were at all involved in the tragedy.

Otherwise, it looks about right.

Why not also apply RICO-type statutes to that crowd, before capital execution?

Impoverish their families due to gain (political and career) from illegal activities. Seize all assets, just like poor Mr. Paz and all the others

Think I'm joking? Nope, dead serious. Let them taste the weight of the law that they enforce and lobby for; that everyone else lives under.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Damn, DC! We sure missed you!!!!!

------------------
Mossyrock
I wasn't here. You didn't see me. Nobody can prove anything...

Hmmm, I'm not worried about being in Lon Horiuchi's sights...I'm worried about standing next to the person who IS in his sights. Lon's a bad shot, y'know? ;)

It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me; it's the one addressed "To Whom It May Concern" that scares hell out of me.

DC, I like your idea of using RICO against these...these...things.

Coinneach, the only problem I see with your suggestion is that the number of volunteers for the firing squads would be overwhelming. It would take years just to sort through them all. Ah heck, just grab the first 8 who come along, give 'em all M-1's, and load one with a blank.
Nahhh, on second thought, forget the blank. :)

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard
The Shottist's Center forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

Coinneach, Wasn't a fellow by the name of Seesions, FBI director at the time of the Waco massacre? We must add this Clintonista to the list also.

YOUR BROTHER IN ARMS-------CHAINSAW

Folks, I did consider the idea of reparations. However, the slime we're putting on trial are paid with tax money, so we'd be forcing everyone to chip in, whether they agree or not. Perhaps a pass-the-hat thing for the BDs would work better.

45King, the whole idea of blanks for a firing squad was so each member could delude himself that he isn't a killer. I don't think that mental anguish would be a factor here. :)

Chainsaw, I'm not sure about Bill Sessions. I'll have to look into that one.

------------------
--Jeff Cooper

There's money to be made here. How about a lottery? Or an auction? 8 winners (or highest bidders) get to participate on the firing squad. Maybe the money could go to the BD's.

[This message has been edited by xyzman44 (edited September 01, 1999).]

XYZ, I think you've nailed it. That's a GREAT idea.

Boing, .22LR works for me. No eyeball shots permitted, though.

------------------
--Jeff Cooper

It's fun to fantasize, but remember what you say is in public for "enemy" lurkers to quote out of context. And TFL is becoming popular and well-known. (Just a thought.)

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited September 01, 1999).]

Dennis, point taken. However, the anti-gun lurkers (and yes, we know you're out there) will twist anything we say regardless of what is said or the context.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I offer the following: http://jya.com/ap.htm . I can't manage to poke any holes, legal or logistical, in this plan.

------------------
--Jeff Cooper

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited September 01, 1999).]

I admit I only read the first few hundred pages (Jeez! This guy's longer winded that I am!) But based on that partial reading, it sounds to me like he's making a ghoul pool interactive. Pooling contributions is still contributing. I believe (until I have time to read all of it) I'll stay clear of this fella.

Now there is an idea afoot to fund FOUP in every issue of every magazine each and every month for quite some time.
I like the way Coinneach thinks!
Hank

Howdy Doodie (Ted Koppel) is scheduled to have on Mike McNulty the producer of Waco: Rules of Engagement on Nighline tonight (9/1).

I seem to recall Sessions was there for planning and invasion, replaced by Reno for the murders and coverup, but not positive.

Try this, though. Can't we have some FUN with this? How 'bout tied to a post 1000 yds away, then hundreds of people could get a shot off, only one per customer please. Oops, nice shot, guys! Next target please!

It would be nice to bring Oliver Cromwell back for a quick Restoration. He was tough,but a super honest patriot. He would be the perfect man for a real tough job of cleaning out the government stables. I am afraid i am going to get flaMED for mentioning Cromwell.

Back