What to carry...

Faithless

Sunshine and warm weather is here and is making my leather sap gloves impractical.

Looking for alternatives.

So I’m looking for things I can have on my hands, like a knuckle-duster, or an extension of my hands like a baton.

Any recommendations on brands, items, etc?

No knives because I’m not going to train with them.

How about the ASP Defender o.c. key ring? It's about the length of a double-A cell maglight, with a swivel end for your keys. It could be used with Kubotan techniques, or makes a great flail. I'm not real impressed with the o.c.'s effect on a couple of large strays...but perhaps they're just tougher than the average gremlin.

I'm not sure about dual use equipment like the torch and I don't want to rely on a chemical spray.

The advertising for both of these products says that they can be used as kubotans.

I've had a look at kubotans. Are they just a metal tube to hold as you punch? Do they work?

A baton is a good option, but like everything else, far more effective if you get some training. Even a one day fundimentals class goes a long way to improving your skill.

Check the laws in your state. When I lived in TN, I had a CCW permit isssued by the state of TN. You would think that permit would cover a baton. Wrong. I had to take a class and get certified to carry a baton. Best check your area.

Thanks for the responses.

I had a look at the extendable batons and they feel too big and clunky to carry.

I think I'll end up getting knuckle dusters.

Back