What states/cities do not recognize C&R?

HankC1

Is there a list of states and cities do not recognize C&R and all firearms have to go thru regular FFL? Don't want to ship a C&R firearm to individual C&R holder, who may not know their own law, and get in trouble! I gather Oregon, CA, Washington, NJ, any other?

CA is legal for long guns, provided they also have a state issued Certificate of Eligibility. Handguns have to go to an 01 FFL.

Washington is a grey area, seems the I594 law is not enforceable by the state. So our C&R FFLs are invalid according to the new law, but in practice it seems business as usual. I still wouldn't want to be the test case.

Maryland's new law exempts C&R guns (as defined by BATFE) from the requirement that a purchaser hold a Handgun Qualification License. But the state does not recognize the C&R FFL.

Jim

emcon5-"CA is legal for long guns, provided they also have a state issued Certificate of Eligibility. Handguns have to go to an 01 FFL."

Correct - Also after you buy the long gun you have to send a form and $19.00to CA DOJ :(
I love this state (CA) I really do :mad:
(I'll love it more when I retire in a few years and leave this blanking state!)

Correct - Also after you buy the long gun you have to send a form and $19.00to CA DOJ
I love this state (CA) I really do
(I'll love it more when I retire in a few years and leave this blanking state!)

Right, but that is the buyer's problem, as the seller, he doesn't care about that. As long as there is a 03 FFL and COE he is in compliance with CA and therefore Federal law.

The other option for Californian's that live close enough to America, it to have it shipped to a 01 FFL in Nevada. California's asinine transfer laws do not apply when the resident is beyond the CA frontier. Before I moved, I bought a C&R Pistol this way. Had the wholesaler send it to a FFL in Reno, then picked it up via FFL to FFL transfer with my 03 FFL, and sent in the registration form and tax when I took it back to CA.

The only caveat to that is to make sure the gun itself is CA legal, no assault weapons or high capacity magazines.

NJ doesn't recognize C&R for (at least) handguns. If it's an antique flintlock handgun, it's a handgun. And don't get caught with it without a pistol purchase permit (unless you moved here with one).

Don't pass GO. Don't collect $200. Go directly to jail.

I don't know about long guns. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I don't know about long guns. Maybe someone else can chime in.

You can't have long guns shipped to your home within NJ if you have a C&R. Still have to go through a FFL. Even CMP, which allows rifle sales to be shipped to most homes is not allowed in NJ. There is a spot to input your FFL's info when you order from them.

Makes it pointless, unless you buy enough that a C&R discount at a retailer is worth it.

Oregon used to be fine for C&R's but now for incoming transfers everything seems to need to go to an FFL due to SB941. Bastards.

This is the reason I finally gave up my C&R. It is not good anywhere on the west coast. Wish I could afford to move to Idaho but I can't so I guess I won't be buying anymore guns. I have enough to cover my needs but I guess my wants will just be wishful dreams. Just glad I don''t have too many more years to put up with this bovine waste.

Back