what sights are compatible with the security six?

ive noticed its a pinned design, i also noticed the sp101 is also pinned.
ive been searching and searching for a new front sight for my ruger security six. specifically just the front sight, and specifically tritium.
anybody have any idea what would fit?

for further context. i won a sec 6 on auction for a good price. 2.75 inch barrel. its gonna be a carry piece. i want to set up its sights exact how my redhawks sights are set up. the rear sight is a blade just like my redhawk, no problem there.
but the front sight...ive dealt with the ruger dove tail design and the button design. never the pinned...

additionally. i also wanted to confirm that a BRASS brush would remove carbon and not scratch off the finish? on my redhawk i use a steel brush because its stainless. this will actually be my first quality revolver that is a blued finish.

Attachments

• pix208425341.jpg
    pix208425341.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 77
The problem with the Security Six is Ruger stopped supporting it as did the aftermarket. Your best for a new sight is to get one slightly oversized and fit it to your gun. If that's out of your comfort zone I'm sure a custom smith can do the job for you.

I have always used a brass brush on my blue guns. Your new addition looks real clean.

My S&W M67 got a fiber optic front sight by discarding the red ramp blade and cutting a cross dovetail to take a Dawson sight made for the Novak cut.

XS makes sights for SP 101 that might serve.

You don't really say exactly how your Redhawk is set up.

I suspect that buy a Redhawk sight and have a gunsmith fit it. The factory Redhawk rear sight looks to be of a similar style as the Security Six but I'm too lazy to try to find dimensions.

Back