What should I do with excess barells?

mattL46

Hello gents, to make a long story short, my grandfather was a tool and die maker by trade and gunsmith by hobby. Very talented at both. Many years ago, when the ruger red label was first introduced, he really wanted one in 28ga. At the time (according to my dad) there was no news of one factory chambered for such coming out anytime soon. He decided to make a barell set for his favorite chamberin, to fit to their 20ga gun. He was successful but not without accumulating a wealth of 28ga barells for experimentation. I've saved these barells after finding them years ago after moving into his house. Been almost 10 years ago now. I just stumbled across them again and decided I'd see what you fine folks thought. I have 2 remington 1100 (pretty sure anyhow) barells in 28. I also have 8 highstandard 28ga barells. I believe they are for the Jc Higgins bolt shotgun. Not 100% sure though. Should I try and sell these?

Well fortunately I'm not that stupid. :D I'd be sure of what they are before they were advertised. Then and only then would I attempt to sell them. After looking at some 1100 barells I know that's what the remingtons are. The highstandard bbls are still in question. Although I'm about 90% sure they belong on the JC Higgins bolt shotgun.

1100 Barrels

Interested in the barrels for the 1100, can you verify fitment, choke and quality? Safety is of the utmost concern.

I cannot verify fitment as I don't own a 28ga. 1100 nor do I know anyone that does. Quality is very good. Chokes are both modified. If you'd like a photo I can snap one for you when home??

Back