What shotguns can I find a fullstock + pistolgrip... (pic)

Genso

Hi all,

I was just curious. Somebody else has already started a thread similiar to this discussing pistol grips, but it does not cover what I want to know.

I'd like to know what factory shotguns I can find a full stock that has also has a pistol grip - sorta like an AR-15, or this Benelli:

m1tm.gif

And of these, which are the best quality?

Thanks!

I seem to recall seeing a picture of both a Beretta and an HK shotgun with pistol grips. Has anybody any experience with these (or know of their availability), and are there any other shotguns out there?

You can find PG stocks from the factory from Benelli, and Beretta (though I'm not sure if they still do) on their 1201fp.

There are several different kinds of aftermarket PG stocks availible for Remington and Mossberg as well.

The Franchi SPAS 15 comes with pistol grip and full stock. A good quality gun, very reliable, and fun to shoot. The barrel is permanently attached to the receiver, so slug accuracy is good.

spas15.jpg

Point308

[This message has been edited by point308 (edited August 18, 2000).]

Off the top of my head, the only shotguns within recent memory that had factory-installed pistol grips (full stock) were: (1) Benelli M1 Super 90; (2) Beretta 1201FP or 1201FP3; (3) Franchi SPAS 12 and 15; (4) Daewoo USAS 12; (5) Stryker 12 ("Streetsweeper"); and (6) Mossberg Bullpup.

Nos. 3-5 have been banned, while #6 is out of production. It's hard to find #2. Your only real option is the Benelli, unless you don't mind aftermarket PG stocks.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

The picture Genso posted looks like the H&K. I could be wrong but H&K does make what you're looking for at around the $350-400 range.

Is it possible/legal to build a Remington 1187 into this configuration with an extended tube magazine? Would this option be less expensive than spending $1000 for a M1 Super 90 or the SPAS 12??

Does anyone have the specifics of the ban (year of enactment, features in question, etc)? I'm looking to put together a tactical autoloading shotgun with either a 21" or 18" barrel, but want to make sure I stay within the legal restrictions.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tango27:
Is it possible/legal to build a Remington 1187 into this configuration with an extended tube magazine? Would this option be less expensive than spending $1000 for a M1 Super 90 or the SPAS 12??
[/quote]

You can build the gun with a pistol grip as far as I know so long as your gun won't hold any more than 5 3" Magnum shells. That means a one-shot extender. I'm not a lawyer, though, but this is what I understand. My opinion -- use a standard stock. It's worth the extra round or two.

Pre-94 HK M1 held 7 rounds, the current one hols 5. I see the post-ban selling for $800 give or take a few. Any ideas as to where to shop for a pre-ban M1?

I see lots of M1's for sale on gunbroker.com and also on gunsamerica.com, but beware of people advertising them as "pre ban" guns. Just two months ago, I got the bug to buy a M1 that was marked "Heckler & Koch" and pre ban. I checked the serial numbers of seven guns advertised as preban and only two actually had serial numbers made before the ban. People think that just because it has an extended mag tube that it is preban. You have got to check serial numbers. Also, you can find Benellis auctionarms.com as well.

Back