what replacement trigger for 1903 springfield

wjhenderson

A while back I acquired an already sporterised 1903 Springfield. Yes I know a lot will cringe that it's not in it's original configuration but an already sporterized one is what i wanted. Anyway for whatever reason it appears that even though the work on the rifle was very well done, the trigger feels original. It's horrible. On my other bolt guns I've replaced most with either drop-in Timneys or Rifle Basic assy's. But I can't find one that hasn't been discontinued or the one I did find was $257 and had a safety built into it that I don't want. My question is can my gunsmith work on the original trigger to improve it (I am going to see him about something else in about an hour), or is a drop-in assy the best way to go? I know about my other rifles but this is my first 1903. THANKS

Thanks Max. That's what I'm looking for. What is the Speed Lock Spring they recommend? Is that particularly necessary to just install the Timney?

Speed Lock Spring speeds up the 'lock time'. That's how long it takes to go bang after pulling the trigger.
Your smithy can do a trigger job, but it's unlikely to be cheap. A Timney 'Featherweight' runs $79.99 direct from Timney. Self installed and comes with instructions.
Think 4 pounds. That's way lighter than you'd think.

Please check the SN against the known low tempered receivers. [Dixie gun work catalog or CMO website]

just being safe.

Back