What Ranges Are Still Open in Bay Area??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary H

I want to try the various throw-em and shoot-em sports, but I understand that many of the ranges have shut down. There was a range in Novato, close to me, but I hear that it is closed. Evidently, lead is the issue. I'm new to all of this. I have been to Chabot. What other ranges are still open and which ones have the best facilities. Probably start with skeet and trap first.

Gary, I was asking the same question to a friend of mine who has been living in the area alot longer than I have (not quite three years...) He told me of a pistol and long gun range in Petaluma off Adobe Road he went to recently - that's quite close to me as I live in pompous little Sonoma, no wimpy wines but lots of wimps. Another range for pistol and long guns is in Napa, where my friend currently resides. I'll post more exact information as soon as I can get it...

Of course there's Montana Hawk in Cotati, but that's indoor pistol only...

There are still a number of ranges for pistol and rifle, but clays, skeet and trap seem to be another story.

Livermore is still open for Trap. The SF Rod & Gun is open on Wed, Sat-Sun for trap & skeet. It's right next to Lake Merced and the SF Poleese range.

BTW, closing the thread here and moving it to our range forum, Lock n' Load: Live Fire Exercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back