What next ??? finishing up this years "group" what to look for next year ???

so... I have a pretty good collection of long guns, & honestly don't have room for too many more... these are split between modern hunting guns, Czech rifles, & American army rifles with wood stocks... this last year I collected top break pocket guns, & in general, revolvers of the era of black powder cartridges ( so not all of them have been top breaks )... I have a collection of old Czech semi autos... I'm starting to run out of things that "I" can afford to collect... I have a couple pocket autos... so maybe 5-6 of those next year would be a good start... ( I don't have a DUO yet, which would fit in both the pocket auto & Czech catagories ) anything else I'm not thinking of, that is still on the cheaper side to own, & will likely increase in value in the future... is there enough diversity ( I like to collect an example of each brand or style, rather than all the different models of the same gun, for example ) in the pocket autos to start a collection ??? I currently have a Colt & Berdenelli, so I think I could probably buy another 5-7 pocket autos... any suggestions for pocket autos, or another direction to go ???

There is a tremendous variety of pocket pistols.

You want Czech, I have a CZ45, a DAO .25 that is the daddy of the Seecamp lineup. There are many more. I don't see them in stores like I used to, though. I think they have retreated to the back of the gun case, out of sight, out of mind and unfortunately off the market.

Shotgun News had a recent article on the Lignose Einhandpistole family of .25ACP pocket autos designed to be cocked one-handed by pulling on the front of the trigger guard- hence the name "Einhandpistole" or "One Hand Pistol". A few of those would be cool to own. :cool:

If you don't insist on perfect condition, Colt Pocket Autos aren't crazy expensive.

Some of the lesser-known American pocket automatics are really neat, like the H&R and Remington offerings.

Some of the lesser-known American pocket automatics are really neat, like the H&R and Remington offerings.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Model 51 the only automatic pistol marketed by Remington other than M1911 variants?

The Model 51 doesn't quite fit my definition of "pocket pistol".

carguychris said:
The Model 51 doesn't quite fit my definition of "pocket pistol".

Pockets were apparently bigger back then. ;) (Witness the Colt 1903 "Pocket Hammer", which is roughly the size of a Commander; compared to that, the 51 is downright tiny.)

As said, pockets were bigger and clothes were baggier back then.
The .32s and .380s were pocket pistols (heck, the 1903 .38 Auto was a "pocket pistol.")
The .25s were vest pocket pistols. There was even a Mauser .25 named the WTP, "Westen Taschen Pistole."

looked at 25 acp curio & relic pistols on G.B. & there looks to be enough to justify a couple purchases after the 1st of the year... I'm sure there are some 380's & "that short 9mm" as well in smaller sized old autos... might even be some old 8mm or such obsolite gun / cartridge combos, once a guy starts looking :)... thanks for the replys

Back