What kind of rifle training is this?

MikeGoob

Why are these soldiers training this way? Wont the barrels fly up easier when firing?

101805840-125941150.530x298.jpg

:confused:

That training is to build strength duration for long term hold on target. I know several silhouette shooters who practice with a weighted gun. I use a dowel with a rope and weight on the end of the rope. With the arms extended I roll the rope up by twisting the dowel and then twist the dowel to lower it. Back and forth, up and down over and over. Both ways build strength in the arms but my way also builds strength in the wrists. It is really good for handgun shooting.

All that weight hanging from the end of the barrel would help prevent muzzle rise.
Be kind of hard to use in the field though.
Looks like that technique would cause quite a few trips to the field hospital with back aches.

That's standard IDF strength training for off-hand shooting with those bullpup ARs.

Ostensibly, such practice is intended to build a stronger off-hand platform, and all IDF recruits are required to score to a certain accuracy standard.

In reality, however, it promotes IDF unit morale and cohesion ... because, unlike in the U.S. military, being a transsexual doesn't excuse poor marksmanship. :rolleyes:

I use a dowel with a rope and weight on the end of the rope.

IIRC that very exercise was used to good effect to increase her hand and arm strength by none other than Raquel Welch in the movie 'Hannie Caulder'. (At least they SAID it was for hand and arm strength...)

Back