What kind of ammo is this

Here's question # 43.
I found an old box of PMC 38 spl. 158 Gr. ISP and tried to find it on line.
No one sells this exact load anymore and I'd like to know whether to dump it or use it in any of my 357's. I don't particularly like PMC and stick to US made ammo. Does anybody know anything about this?

I don't recall ever running across that particular loading. I have shot PMC ammo over the years and can't ever recall having had a problem with it.

I haven't seen any information about, nor do I have any experience with PMC ammo that would suggest it's unsafe to use. If I had a box and it appeared to be in good condition I would certainly shoot it up rather than throw it away.

If it's factory ammo and not someone's reloads in a factory box, just shoot it.
I've used a lot of PMC ammo, as it was a regular sale item at a local store.
Never had a problem.

I don't know that particular loading but I've used a fair amount of PMC in .45 Auto through several 1911s. IMHO it's good ammo ... better than some American brands. Far better than Wolf, Silver Bear, Brown Bear, or some of the other foreign brands.

I found an old box of PMC 38 spl. 158 Gr. ISP and tried to find it on line.
No one sells this exact load anymore and I'd like to know whether to dump it or use it in any of my 357's. I don't particularly like PMC and stick to US made ammo. Does anybody know anything about this?

Nope.

Shoot it, assimilate the brass into the collective.

Back