What is your prefered brand of gun patches?

I like cotton cloth. No fancy crap. Just cloth. The cheaper the better. Old T shirts cut in to pieces are good but why bother cutting them up yourself. They are cheap enough cut in the box.

plain, pure cotton flannel, but then I own a full set of arch punches in the correct sizes to punch them out by the dozens with one whack of the mallet. :D

I do wash it first, to remove any sizing. Typical price on sale is $.99 a yard (one yard by sixty inch wide). Makes a LOT of patches.

Actually, I prefer the patches that Sinclair's sells - they seem to hold a lot of solvent very well, and I just slosh the stuff on... I follow up cleaning with an oiled Butch's twill patch, since they don't leave any threads behind...

I use regular kitchen paper towels. They seem to work as well as cloth, you can tear them to any size you want, and they are cheap.

...plaid flannel, preferably red with black stripes
bandit.gif

HERTER'S Model Perfect Gun Cleaning Double Face, Round Cut Patches.

If you value your gun you cannot afford to take a chance with other products. The finest gun cleaning products in the world are made by Herter's.

RIP George, you are truly missed.

Sam

I think I'll stick to punching them out. I've used Brownells patches, good stuff, but a tad expensive. I live right down the street from Sinclair's, great place to shop, but again the patches are a bit expensive. But then most my shooting is done with revolvers, you know how many patches you go through cleaning a revolver??? ;)

Back