What is your opinion of the CZ P07 in .40S&W?

GunLuvr01

Hey guys, I am interested in a new CZ P07 in .40 S&W. I am tired of 9mm so I figured I would go with. 40. Anyway, I am interested in the P07 but I can't find much new info on it. A lot of the older reviews are negative and I'm not sure if CZ has ironed these issues out or not. If anyone has any info regarding the new P07 .40's would you recommend one? Tell me about your experience? I can get a new one for $500 out the door.

What issues? In general, CZ makes a great gun and 40 is a great caliber. That said, I have NO P-07 experience. My 75 in 40 is fun!

Most of the negative stuff is older info. One post said he had a trigger bar to break and others had reliability issues. I have owned several CZ pistols before and never had any issues, but never had a P07 model. Folks claim the 9mm version is good to go, but the. 40 was having issues. I figured they close enough to the same pistol that if one was having trouble the other would be as well. Anyway, any info is appreciated.

I have had... I don't know... four or so CZ pistols. They have all been great.

I have never had a P07, but I had a P09 in 40 caliber. IIRC it is pretty much the same pistol, but the P09 is the larger size.

It was great. I liked it a lot. My FiL absolutely loved it, so I gave it to him for Christmas. I think it is his favorite semi-automatic pistol out of the dozen or so he owns.

I am replacing it with a very similar pistol. It's a Tanfoglio-made CZ "clone" in 45acp. My Tanfoglio CZ75 clone is MY favorite semi-automatic pistol.

Looking forward to pictures and a range report! :)

As a huge CZ and CZ pattern fan, I don't think you can go wrong. Ive had several CZs or patterned guns (Isreali Jericho, Tristar T120, and a 75B), and I love them. A P-07 in 9mm will likely be my next semi-auto. To the point I'm debating on selling a Trijicon reflex sight to get me halfway there... Or 1/3rd of the way to a Ruger Vaquero, which is more likely

Back