What is your favorite small bore revolver?

SMITH and WESSON 342PD

SW342PD. The strongest, lightest weight, concealead hammer revolver without a !@#$%^&* built-in, non-removable gun lock.

Under 40 eh?

Well I have 3 rev under 40 cal... 1 is a junk 22 single action... dont like.. #2 and #3 I like a lot, but they are for very diff use. #2 is a S&W M&P 38spl I use for IDPA #3 is a 1862 army police 36 C&B for CAS. All my other C&B's are 44 cal so dont count. Like them both for what they are used for. Maken smoke and dinging BG's make for a good week. Turtle Bob

Under .40?

I'd consider anything between .32 & .40 to be medium bore, but that's just me.

But, using your criteria, it's a Smith & Wesson Model 19, hands down.

Bottom line.....

My hands down favorite pistol *overall* is my trusty, beloved Ruger KGP-141 .357 Magnum.

It's tougher than a bank vault. It's "monkey work" (as in a monkey could handle the job) to clean and care for it. It is frighteningly accurate. It's absolutely stone cold reliable. And, it's darned powerful!

Ruger KGP-141 .357 Magnum...and that's the bottom line

Happy Blasting,
Mntneer357

Interesting that you should consider any centerfire as 'small bore' when for generations that label has been understood to apply exclusively to .22 rimfires.
Using the accepted definition, my pick is my factory customized third-generation K-22 Masterpiece (Model 17) six-shot, six-inch barrel (pinned), recessed chambers, wide rib and trigger-stop adjustment. It has TT, TH and TS. As it came from the factory it was a mess, and I returned it on the same day I bought it, with a three page list of its deficiencies, after only 50 rounds fired. Six months later, it was returned to me, perfectly blueprinted. This is the most accurate revolver of any caliber or make that I've ever fired, and on any given day can outshoot most target automatics and iron-sighted .22 rifles. It's one I'll never sell.

This week, something I borrowed from my father. Older S&W Model 17 with an 8-3/8" bbl. and a 2x scope. I've shot it before, but never spent a lot of time with it because I didn't really like scoped pistols. Now my 50-year-old eyes appreciate it as much as his 79-year-old ones.

I still like the Ruger Single-Six I bought in 1972. No, I like his Python. No, I like my 442.

Who started this?

John

Using MY definition of smallbore--caliber under .355 inch--I'd say my FAVORITE smallbore revo was my six-inch, full-lugged S&W Model 17...with a PRIMO action by Lou Ciamillo of Maryland Gun Works....mikey357

Nickeled 4" Diamondback in 32 H&R mag. It doesn't exist, but it ought to.

Or blued 6", mix and match.

I'd say a K-32, but I've come to believe that is a cruel hoax perpetrated by the gun magazine writers union on poor... well, lets just say that every month theres a new ultimate something or other... how can you believe there is a K-32 when they tell you balogna every issue. I say again, there's no such thing as a K-32. Outside the one the Yeti carries.

Two of the best are the S&W Models 16 (32 H&R Mag) and 17 (.22LR).They are the same size and weight as the .38,maybe slightly more,because the barrel hole is smaller. I particularly like the .32 and have had a couple of them--now have a great example and shoot it all the time.The .22 is ideal as a practice gun.No need to load ammo and the feel is identical to the larger calibre (no recoil to speak of tho').I would recommend to anyone that they at least borrow one of these smaller calibres and try it out---could be pleasantly surprised.They aren't too noisy either.

Back