What is the value of .45acp ammo with a 1911 date stamp?

massnee

Inactive
I have about 60 rounds of .45acp ammo with a 1911 date stamp (one is double struck). Are these worth anything? Where could I sell them? How much would they be worth?

1911acp.JPG

I would certainly say they are not shooters! First they may be corrosive primed and duds. Secondly some collectors of Colt autos as well as cartridge collectors might be interested in buying them. I see ads in SGN and the other gun rags from people looking to buy cartridges, I cannot give you a realistic guess as to value but they are probably more rare than say WW1/2 dated rounds, some of which I have made inert and then into keychains or just made into dummy rounds. Whatever you do don't shoot them. I assume there are cartridge collector websites and forums and that might be a better place to check out than a general interest forum.

If you were to sell them to a collector at a show, you'd probably get 10 cents a piece for them, if that, and he'd turn around and price them probably between 50 cents and a dollar a piece.

The one that is double-bunted, though, that one is interesting. That one is probably worth as much as $10 or more.

The ammunition is DEFINITELY corrosive primed, but it is not mercuric.

Back