What is the price ranges for small concealable handgun with resonable power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sig Man

One of my friends has Smith handgun(I'm not sure about the model), and it is very small,and yet carries 9mm short(8 shots). he told me that he paid $300 for it(it is a Used gun too). After viewing his gun, I started to wonder about those small conceal guns price ranges. Please give me some informations about them. I used think that guns lower than 9mm are not even worth to look at.

If you are speaking of .380acp, prices for quality guns range from about $200.00 to $600.00. My own personal Bersa series 95 ran me about $220.00 (it is the nickle version). The Walther PPK or PPK/s will probably run $500.00 to $600.00, depending on where you live.

Moving up to 9mm, a decent SMALL gun should start about $350.00 and move up from there. My own personal choice is the Kahr K9, which wil start at about $500.00. The S&W 3913, 908, etc. will probably go for a little less, about $400.00.

My own limmit would probably be about $600.00 for a compact powerhouse.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Sounds like a 3913in 9mm I dont know if SW made any 380's but the 3913 is about 200-300
used. 4-500 new. Nice gun mags kinda costly though....Murray

I recently picked up two 380's for concealed carry.

One was a PPK/S stainless for 479$ (no tax) and it broke ejectors since day one, I sent it in for repairs in july have not seen it since. (See prior threads on ppk for more info).

The other was a colt blued government model (same rough size and shape of the ppk, but lots stronger) and it was $419 (no tax). This one is now my standard walk out of the house gun so it gets hauled a lot. I am in the deep south where shorts are still an everyday event, so anything much bigger is just to hard to conceal. (by the way, I have pushed over a 1000 rnds down the little colt without a single failure other then getting clogged with unburned Unique after the first session of about 500 rnds in a single morning.)

My one comment I would add is that I am a firm believer of the first rule of Carry, " rule 1) have gun". I would love to carry my 10mm or 45, but until it is cold enough for jeans, the 380 is the way to go.

pete

MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE FOR A SMALL .380 IS
THE AMERICAN MADE WALTHER PPK. I HAVE OWNED
MINE SINCE JANUARY OF 95 AND HAVE EXPERIENCED
NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. I GAVE $459.95 + TAX FOR IT. NEXT STEP WOULD BE A SIG-SAUER;
BUT THE GUN IS A LITTLE LARGER AND WOULD RUN
ABOUT $10-$25 MORE; DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU
LIVE.

------------------
Ala Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back