What is the finish on the 92fs slide?

rickyrick

So, I’ve carried this Beretta and used it for years, the finish on the slide is still almost pristine. Does have a little holster wear on the corners. What exactly is it?
I’m sure I could google, but I’m lazy and bored lol.

dfb5aac50482c93cdc60e3b8c8f41082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beretta calls it "Bruniton" but doesn't provide much in the way of details.

I've seen a number of claims as to its nature. Here are a few:
  • An epoxy over something like parkerizing.
  • An enamel finish.
  • An epoxy based enamel.
  • A heat-cured epoxy.
  • High tech paint.
  • Sprayed and baked epoxy resin with inert Teflon over a manganese phosphate parkerizing primer.
  • Proprietary epoxy paint over Parkerizing that is then baked (Leroy Thompson is the source for this one.)

Interesting, I had no idea it was a secret. Didn’t pay much attention to it when I first bought it, looked like black paint. But as time has passed its apparent that it’s pretty tough

I wish more gun makers would adopt the type of finish used by BERETTA , it's very nice quality and super durable

reminds me of the finish used on military FN FAL rifles

It does look very shiny...

rickyrick,

Do you remember if that gun was some kind of a special edition?

Not a special edition as far as I know, bought at academy between 7-10 years ago (can’t remember exact date) I added the grips later, it had the plain plastic grips originally.
It’s not blued and appears to be a coating.

I’m gonna say that it’s 8 years old because the 92a1 was available but I wanted The more classic look of the 92fs.
Maybe the finish became more polished from carry, I’ve used the same holster most of the time.

Back