• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

What is the deal with off-topic posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SI,'NBDOPP.
stuff gets to me at times.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited June 15, 2000).]

deanf,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><quote:>(What's that all about anyway? Handloading IS reloading, ain't it?)<endquote>

Well, if you use all brand new components, then it's not reloading, now is it?[/quote]

Yes! Since April 30, no one has even bothered to TRY to answer that question. I thought it was obvious.

I noticed your comment in another thread How About Some Help Here! and quoted from it over to this thread because I thought your question here might reference the foolishness in that thread and elsewhere here in SQ&F forum.

While I don't manage this forum or any other and surely don't speak for Rich and staff, a couple of months back I think it was 12-34hom, or it might have been DoorGunR, asked why every one was getting so serious and if just a tad of "lightening up" might not be in order. That was in a GD forum thread.

Well, you can see where it led. TFL staff has been very tolerant of the frivolity and at times has even thrown their two cents in to the nonsense. It has pretty much been kept here in SQ&F.

Some of us are just fools for attention and shouldn't be allowed to post in public (me for one!).

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited June 15, 2000).]

I probably have too much time on my hands. My work consists basically of 12 hours of high-speed internet access to do with as I please, unless the phone rings. And the phone is ringing less and less these days . . . .

deanf,
I guess I don't understand why you care about this deal. If it was your site and had people doing it when you asked them not to then I could understand your right to make a fuss. But Rich even responds to some of these non-gun topics and yet you want to remind him of what is supposed to be on HIS site. I find that kind-of odd I guess. I agree that maybe some of these posts are WAY off topic but as long as the staff allows it who are the rest of us to "remind" them of what should and should'nt be on here? Let them do there job and make those decisions. If you were paying for this site then I could also see how you would have a problem, but it is free and the general Discussion is for just that, general topics and "hob-nobbing".

deanf - let us worry about those...
Okay?
If something gets too out of hand - were on it. Thats our concern.

------------------
You might laugh in the face of FEAR... but unless your armed, its a nervous, unconvincing, little laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back