What is the cheapest...

Tucker 1371

... I could legally own a full auto firearm for? I am completely unfamiliar with the processes you have to go through to own an NFA gun and the prices you might expect to pay for different types of full auto guns.

That one will take 2 stamps to get to GA. You can also set up a trust and skip 2 sets of fingerprints, 2 photos & the signature of your CLEO.

That one will take 2 stamps to get to GA. You can also set up a trust and skip 2 sets of fingerprints, 2 photos & the signature of your CLEO.

Why do you say it will take 2 stamps? Something specific to GA?

Anytime you transfer a Form 4 NFA weapon out of state it requires two $200 stamps. One $200 stamp to your dealer. One $200 stamp to yourself. No way around it so don't even ask.

So we're talking about a minimum of $3K to own a bottom-of the barrel full auto like an imitation MAC... thanks guys but I think I'll either buy a high-end bolt gun or wait till the Hughes ammendment is repealed. Thanks again all.

So we're talking about a minimum of $3K to own a bottom-of the barrel full auto like an imitation MAC... thanks guys but I think I'll either buy a high-end bolt gun or wait till the Hughes ammendment is repealed. Thanks again all.

My crystal ball says the the imitation MAC will cost more than $3k before the Hughes ammendment is repealed.

LMAO, you thought you could get into a full-auto for under $3k? Your a little out of touch with reality. Even before '86 SMGs increased in value daily, not much but they never decreased like non-class III items. Did you expect to pay 1990 prices e.g. $1500 for the M11?

Most people don't realize how expensive transferable machineguns are these days.

Just the other day a friend ask me how much a M16 cost. When I told him that a ragged beater would cost around $12,000+ while a virgin Colt would be over $22,000, he seemed to get upset.

Supply and demand.

Could you Imagine how overwhelmed the tech branch would be if they overturned the Hughes amendment? They would have to hire 500 more inspectors. Ammo would go from being hard to find to nonexistent:eek:

WOW, I had zero idea class 3 firearms had gone up that much. Last I knew M-16 were $5-$7k and auto sears were under $1k.

I was told auto sears were more desireable than rifles themselves now and are bringing over $20k. Is this true?

If it is, that is just pure insanity.

Back