what is the best handgun ever made??

Isn't this the same topic over and over and over and over? Best 20th century gun, best millenium gun, best green gun, best left-hand gun, best cold-weather gun, best large cal gun, best cheap gun, best this and best that......answer to all: P-35

JJR has the right idea, if you need a handgun you want care what it is as long has its loaded, shoots and your butt is still alive.

live on Glock,sig,S&W,ruger,HK,walther,keltec,paraord,steyr,colt,anyone else left.

JJR does, indeed, have the right answer. Currently the undeniable best handgun is the one Jason Nealy used to save his family from harm or death.

This is a questtion that can only have a very subjective answer. Whats best for me may wekk not be best for you. That saud the best guns I have found are"

Double action revolver-Smith&Wesson .357 Magnum N frame

Best single action revolver-Ruger Super Black Hawk .44 Magnum

Best automati pistol -Colt Model 1911A1 .45ACP

Best pocket pistol-Smith&Wesson Centennial .38 Special

Best target oistol-Smith&Wesson Model 41 .22LR

[This message has been edited by Hard Ball (edited January 05, 2000).]

If you balance cost with reliability, accuracy, availability and ease of use, I believe that the K-frame is a serious contender.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hklover21:
what is the best handgun ever made ??[/quote]

To do what? Shoot a moose, a mouse, or a - er, rat. ;)

just cause I'm sentimental..

Colt 1911a1

or maybe the Colt SAA??

Or the Colt New Service Revolver?

Or the 1860 Army?

In any case, I think its a Colt.

Dr.Rob

If you are talking about craftmanship then the best revolver is the Korth 357 double action with roller sear and the best auto is the sig 210

Freedom arms if you want quality, if premier is 1800.00 and change it better be good, dont know how that korth compares, but it probably aint chambered in 475 Linebaugh.

Handguns are only for convienience and the best handgun is a rifle or shotgun.

Hello! In terms of pure quality and fit, I'd say SIG P210. In terms of practicality, probably the Colt 1911 and Browning HP in autopistols. In revolvers, the Korth is beautifully made, but I'd vote for the S&W M10 and its variants and offspring, ie: M15,19, 13, etc. Somewhere in here the Colt Peacemaker has a place, too. Best.

Back