What is the B.O.S.S supposed to do?

ELMOUSMC

I bought a Reminton .300 mag from a guy at a gun show(parking lot deal).He claimed he only shot it 4 times,he gave me a box of 20 rounds with 4 missing so I believe his story
No owners manual,in a cheap case,no scope but the rings are there the whole deal for $500.Is the BOSS system a solution looking for a problem,and what exactly does it do.I have been told to remove it and just use the muzzle brake that was included,what do you all think

It tunes the barrel harmonics for individual loads. There were 2 versions one with a brake & on without, the brake equipped one reduces recoil as well.

They work, but you have to set them up.

I'd chop it off and have the barrel re-crowned. I don't care for muzzle brakes or the BOSS. If used right the BOSS does help to improve a guns accuracy. But it is not the only way to achieve accuracy. There are lots more sub-MOA rifles that to not have the BOSS system than there are with the BOSS system.

Browning made their BOSS so people who don't reload can tune the barrel for factory loads. They even have a list of settings for different factory ammo types. Reloaders can adjust powder charge weights and get the same results without that thing on the muzzle.

Back