What is best holster for S&W Model 60 "Ladysmith?"

skywag

162414_01_lg.jpg

IWB, OWB, shoulder, full flap, open top, thumb break, safety strap, leather, Kydek, concealed or open, $30 or $300?

I like leather pancakes that tend to run about $75 to $150. Lobo, Sparks, Alessi, Bullard ...

There is no such thing as "best". Best is a personal value judgement.
I have been very happy for many years with the following pocket holster. I have two of them...an everyday carry for my S&W M36 Chief's Special and another for my Taurus 85 stainless steel, that I routinely carry when I am outside on my rural farm.
One very good feature of the Bianchi is that it does not cost an arm and a leg.
https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Pocket-Holster-J-Frame-Leather/dp/B010B52YQG

There's no "best" for all of us as we have different needs. That in mind, I routinely carry in an OWB of my own make..open top & fitted tight so the gun needs no 2ndary keeper strap. That's a 3" bbl'd, Smith M60 riding on my hip at the 4 o'clock position...a location I use 99% of the time. It's the old FBI position, easily concealed by a shirt tail, & very fast from a standing position, but limits your access while sitting in a car. Commercial versions are available from a variety of sources.

While I'm not a fan of IWB carry, let alone AIWB as I feel they violate one of the cardinal rules of gun safety, "Do not point or cover anything you don't wish to destroy"; others, including both of my sons, routinely carry in this manner.

HTH's Rod

That's a 3" bbl'd, Smith M60 riding on my hip at the 4 o'clock position.
Do you ever carry in the 3 o'clock position?

Very rarely, and then only if the holster slides around due to body motion. I find that my draw movement relative to my hand wrist position is easiest when the gun is behind the hip to some extent...roughly a 4 o'clock position. In the pic I posted the holster is riding a little bit more forward than usual due to belt loop location.

One benefit of using a 4 o'clock OWB location is that you can often tuck the tip of the holster into your rear pocket...helps with concealment of longer bbl'd guns.

Rod

Back