what is a Kahr E9 ? Any Kahr experts?

flinch

Inactive
I rercently purchased a Kahr all steel 9mm with a cheesy blue on the slide and barrel. The gun is a low serial number and is in very good shape. The slide is marked E9. What is the difference between the K9 and a E9 ? Any Kahr experts?

You must have one of the more current models,

because you only point out the blueing regarding the upper. Is your frame in stainless? The first of the E(economy) models were all blue, and I have one of each. You give up the dovetailed front sight, and some of the finer machine cuts on the K series. The triggers are somewhat less refined, but you get it back in purchase savings. After several hundred rounds, it smooths out noticeabley. You have an excellent gun! BTW, the matte blueing has held up for me just fine here in AZ.:)

There are several differences between the K9 and the E9. The E9's finish is not as nice as the K9. The front sight of the E9 is pinned while the K9 is dovetailed. The grips are hard plastic on the E9 while the K9 has soft grips. As has been pointed out, the K9 has some extra machine work done on the slide (mostly rounding off edges, sharp areas). Generally the E9 comes standard with just one magazine while the K9 has two. Other than that they are basically the same firearm function-wise.

All that being said, the E9 is a great value if you get a good price on it. Yes, the K9 is somewhat more refined, but I would guess you wouldn't notice a bit of difference in how they shoot. The E9 also comes with Kahr's warranty same as the K9. If you were to ever have a problem just ship it back and they should fix it. Kahr's are great guns and you should enjoy it for a long time.

Shake

Back