What is a good scope or laser/ red dot scope for a ar-15?

NYCOP

Hi, I have a colt handle mount scope for my AR-15, is it any good? I have not used it yet,
What scope do you guys recomend?
in reddot,
laser,
and standard scope with crosshairs,
Do you have a link? pic? ,price?
pros/cons
P.S if I have a handle mounted scope on a A3 do I have to resight the scope everytime I remove the handle?

Last edited:
To find out about the recall, call Glock. Number should be in the manual allthough im sure someone here could get it for you.

In regards to the scope (im assuming it is a true scope and not a red dot sight), yes it should return to zero or at least very close to it provided you put the carry handle back exactly as it was before and dont knock the scope around too much when the handle is off the gun. Mounting a scope on the handle isn't really the best place to put it though....especially if you have an A3 upper. Without a cheekpad of some sort on the stock, it is very difficult to get a good cheekweld being that the scope sits so high up. You would be better off going with a quick release ARMS base and rings to mount the scope to the flat top with. This would allow you to switch between the optic, and the carry handle for iron sights and still give you a proper cheekweld on the stock. Now...if you are using a redot, such as an Aimpoint or a Reflex, i think the best solution is to get a forward carry handle mount for it. This would put the dot in line with the iron sights and allow you to use either very quickly. You basically look through the aimpoint to use the irons. The dot floats above the front sight post.

Good Luck.

Target shooting, any where from 25 yards out to probaly 300 maybe 400 yards, And some varmit hunting, maybe some night time coyote hunts.

Forget the laser.

I would (and have) get a low powered scope. Say 1.5-4 or 1.5-6
That will work for both close range, and is sufficient for 3-400 yards.
Belive me. I have shot clay pigeons with even a 375 H&H @ 500+ yards using a 1.2-4x scope.

K.:)

Back