what is a good 30.06 round for training

madhat

what is a good 30.06 round for training, i've been looking on cheaper than dirt but i'm not to familiar with ammo types and whats good to use a lot of

If you are not going to reload, buy a few different brands and bullet weights to test...

Every gun likes what it likes, and sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to determine what your particular gun will shoot the best...

For all practical purposes, the old 150-grain is about as good as it gets or is as much as is needed. :)

For just plinking and "getting all married up" with a rifle, any GI ammo will work just fine. Tight groups aren't all that important in that activity.

For serious hunting, I found that the Federal Premium High-Energy loads give as tight a group as my handloads with that bullet, and they're maybe 100 ft/sec faster. A tad expensive...

The CMP sells surplus '06 ammo for about as cheap as you can get it anywhere.

I think it averages 40 cents a round.

what would be the top grain amount for the 30.06 in my new browning a bolt stainless steel

There are 240gr sp and 250grain rn that will fit in a .30-06 chamber. Don't think you'll find them in over the counter cartridges though.

Back