What is a .38 special- P

Pahoo

A buddy of mine, recently bought and .38 Special "P". No, I am familiar with +P and +P, +P. I am not familiar with stand alone - P and neither is he. ...... :confused:

Thanks You and;
Be Safe !!!

Federal Box

Is it a case headstamp? marking on an ammo box? on a gun?
I'm told it's on a Federal box of ammo. Forgot to ask about the headstamp ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Stay in your own lane; "Bro"

It means it is such low pressure that your gun will implode into a black hole.
Are you aware of how many "Comedians" are out of work, right now? Shame on you !!!!

Be Safe !!!

Couldn't resist, the inverse of people worried that their .357 Magnum is not safe with .38 Special +P.

Coupled with incomplete identification of the brand and product line of the ammo.
You might learn something with pictures or a minute description of every word on the label.

It is what it is.

Couldn't resist, the inverse of people worried that their .357 Magnum is not safe with .38 Special +P.
That's fine as these days we have to work harder at maintaining, our sense of humor. ..... ;)

Now then, the printing on the Federal box states; .38 Special in the bold first line. Then on the second line, in smaller print, is list .38 special P. The headstamp state; .38 Special, Federal. Bottom line is that it has to be just that. The P, could stand for Pistol or who know what ???

As Usual. I thank you and;
Be Safe !!!

My guess, Federal is out sourcing the ammo and whatever 3rd world country produced it has no idea what a + or - means. Or the printed box was out sourced.

Back