What is a .323-caliber Enfield Albian bolt-action rifle,

indy1919

So the news is going nuts with the "Arsenal" that the Newton killer had.. And he had this rifle according to the press..

.323-caliber Enfield Albian bolt-action rifle,

Is this real or just a 303 typo??????

I'm guessing it's a typo, I don't know of any 8mm enfields.

EDIT: if you read the line items of what they found they found 2 boxes of 303 brit ammo.

Last edited:
yes they also listed a Kodak easy share camera (C183) as a firearm and cataloged the bb gun and spent casings... nothing biased about that at all.

Apparently it is just a SMLE manufactured by Ablion Motors or sheet metal.

Albion (not "Albian") motors, were sub contractors for stamped sheet metal parts. As far as I can tell they never made complete rifles. A lot of Lee-Enfield parts were sub contracted at one time of another, check for "peddled scheme" rifles for more info on how widespread this became.

Albion Motors did make a few revolvers for a short period, but they were in 38/200 not ".323" whatever that is.

Lets not forget they also found "Fired cases for the air rifle" as well:eek:

yes they also listed a Kodak easy share camera (C183) as a firearm

Not quite. They found a check from Lanza's mother to him, with the memo "for the purchase of a C183" written on it. The police probably just couldn't read her handwriting, and the check likely said "CZ83".

The whole "Kodak camera" thing is just from people Googling "C183".

I bet that "Albian" rifle is already on Mr. Biden's list of guns to be banned. He said that a ban on semi-automatic rifles is "only the beginning".

Jim

Maybe it's a good thing these people became journalists. Would you want these people to be your Pharmacist or Neurosurgeon?

What is a .323-caliber Enfield Albian bolt-action rifle,
One of those "dangerous weapons" that accprding to Eric Holder are "allowed to be imported into this country because of a loophole due simply to their age"

Heaven help us if you're right Nico. That sort of sloppiness and ignorance by anyone who is an integral part of the Judicial process is unacceptable.

Back