What I Found At My Local Gun Shop...

ReserveCop

I saw a used, but in excellent condition, S&W Model 627 Performance Center with a 2 5/8 inch barrel for $725.

Is this a good gun?

Is this a good deal?

I'm thinking of starting a handgun collection and I'm looking for current guns that have a good chance of increasing in value over the next few years.

Do you think collecting used, but in good to excellent condition, Performance Center guns is a good idea that will likely go up in value over the next 3 to 5 years, or would you collect something else?

Thanks for your opinions.

[Edited by ReserveCop on 03-19-2001 at 05:14 PM]

There is at least one member of this forum who will be after you to disclose the location of the gun shop.

I don't care for snubbies, but like my 5" barrel PC 627 V-Comp. The price might be a bit high, not sure about this particular model. Most PC revolvers seem to start off at around $1000 and show up on the streets in the $800 or so range.

Reserve Cop,

I own two Smith "Special Edition" 627s (five inch barrel with full underlug, all stainless "N" frame, adjustable rear sight and gold dot front sight); they are truly outstanding revolvers. The $725 price seems good, not great. This said, I would bet this is a fine handgun that you will enjoy and be extremely satisfied with.

Regards.

I paid 750 for a new one a year ago. I love mine. I get the biggest kick out of the reactions I see from people whenever I finish shooting it. They see me shooting a wheelgun and think I am done after six rounds. Big surprise with two more to go. It is a heavy gun, even with the 2.5" barrel. Recoil with magnum rounds is really not bad. Get one. You won't be sorry.

Back