What have you done to stop the confirmation of Mike Sullivan?

What have you done to stop the confirmation of Mike Sullivan?

• Total voters

cabin pressure

This guy is janet reno only running the BATFE. We're down to the wire here and running out of time. If this guy gets confirmed then the republican party membership is beyond asleep. How he could even be nominated is incredible.

I'm not making any judgements on the nra in this sentence, but since they're not opposed to Mike Sullivan having effective control over the second amendment, then I have a serious question: is there ANYONE that nra would oppose to be head of that awful agency? I just cannot fathom why they are not opposed to this guy's nomination. Are they saving their energy for the next president :confused:

Are you even getting responses from your senators concerning sullivan (I haven't and I wrote actual physical letters)?

Well tell us plz, for those of us who live under a rock partially - what's wrong with the guy? Any links? Whether you agree or not, what is the NRA's stated rationale for NOT opposing him. if he is so bad? I'll be glad to do something, and I like your question and format, but I need some info here...

what's wrong with the guy? Any links?

This link sums it up pretty well, except GOA left out the mind blowing illegal attack by ATF against KT Ordnance (which involved Canadian "law" enforcement, and no one has returned KT's inventory OR charged them).

http://www.gunowners.org/a120407.htm

Read the blog that Red's Trading Post is keeping concerning the long running ATF attack on them. http://www.redstradingpost.blogspot.com

Basically, based on ATF behavior this year, this guy is a cloned janet reno. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if a president Hillary kept Sullivan in this job (bush kept a few holdovers from Bill's administration, for strange reasons that should have been discussed a lot more than they were)

I wrote both of my Senators in opposition to the appointment, but I have received no response at this time.

-SS

I emailed my Senators, I doubt I will get a response. The last time I wrote to local legislators on anti bills, I only got 1 response.

I think he's going to get it, better buy your "assault weapons" now.

Gotta love the GOA headline:

"Senate Close To Confirming A Ted Kennedy-style Liberal To BATFE"

Let's see, the Dem-leaning newspapers call him a law and order Republican appointed by a Republican and the GOA thinks he's a Liberal. Somebody is seriously confused.

Part of the GOA's "evidence" is that Kennedy said he looks forward to working with him. NEWS FLASH: if you're going to do any work with, for or about gun regs (and alcohol, tobacco, explosives, etc.) you'd better look forward to working with the head of the BATFE, no matter which end of the political spectrum you're on.

John

Back