what have i got here folks?

iniquitous

Inactive
i have a Dan Wesson model 11 i believe . functions flawlessly and is one of my favorite cylinder guns due to the ease of barrel removal with so many choices. i picked it up foe $340.00 oh about 9years ago .

so anyway guys , im here with another mystery . id like to be a little more sure of what i got here before i make any moves with these. i was told by the fellow i picked these up from they are S&W but he never specified on any of which . there are 4 different length and sizes of the cylinder pins and i can only guess 4 or 5 trigger and hammer sets and a couple broken hammers in the mix. im sorry my photos are crap but if anyone could give me a clue what i got here and wants to get a better look at them individually ill go out to the shop and get a better shot . id like to get them to someone that works on these on a basis who will get them to the ones who need them. thanks for looking and for any info guys. IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

Looks like a lot of triggers and hammers for tuning but can't help past there. Any part or numbers stamped o the individual pieces or boxes?

Everything I see is Colt; off hand they seem to be for the Officers Model, but I won't swear to that without a size comparison. The hammers without firing pins may be for the Python or some other gun with the firing pin in the frame. They are from all different eras.

Some show signs of heating, welding, or grinding, probably the result of attempts to "improve" the trigger pull. I strongly recommend you pass on any offer or at least don't pay anything for them as you will probably end up throwing them out.

Edited to add later:

I got a PM taking me to task for advising the OP to not buy or make an offer on those parts. Scrapping them does indeed seem a waste, but those old Colts were all hand fitted (the main reason the company finally gave up on them) and most, if not all those parts appear to have been taken from guns, which means they were fitted to a specific gun and to mate with other specific parts, which were also fitted. Someone, possibly Cylinder and Slide, might be interested but I don't know if they would be interested in what amounts to a "pig in a poke". Gun Parts Corp., in my limited experience, would pay very little.

Jim

Back