what happens to all of the full auto weapons ?

boatmonkey82

i watched lord of war the other night..... again .... and i sit here wondering where in the hell do all of those ak's and 50cal's ect go when they are done ? we must be talking millions of guns here that are much like our semi auto's . i have heard that when they sell a hummer to the public they are cut in half:barf:..... soooo soooo sad. now im sure a certian percent makes it into the black market but even with a small percent of that many guns it seems we would see more . maybe they get sold to the africans and taliban like in this video .http://www.vbs.tv/full_screen.php?s=DGFE2305DC&sc=1363196 . i just reallllly hate to think they cut them in half . what happens when they get are found on the street ? personal example : when i was in high school i was found with a very nice buck knife and the cops told me that if i turned it over to them for the : un-named town pd's : knife fund that the school woould not know about it . hey it kept me out of trouble but come on , i got ripped off . im sure the same happens time to time with mg's. by the way i know where i want to visit if you watch the video

when it comes to U.S. Gov't owned full auto weapons, they either give them to a "friendly" gov't as aid, maybee save a few for thier own museum systems
and destroy the rest when done. The United Nations has made it to where most gov'ts even destroy pistols, lest they get into lowly civilian hands.

Huge numbers of MGs are, quite simply, "missing" or unaccounted for.

Many get re-used, many get destroyed, but again, HUGE numbers are simply missing.

Goes everywhere

Some of it goes to collectors who can afford it.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120171577

If you have $120k you can have some now.

http://www.mishalov.net/military-vehicles/military-vehicles.html

A lot of US guns hit the black market to Mexico. US surplus guns some are cut, some kept in reserve armories, some on loan to police dept.s and civillian shooting groups. Some police dept.s destroy all confiscated guns, some sell them to citizens to add funds to the budget, some put them into dept. service as appropriate.

Being in the legal guns business I would be the last person who would even know where to come up with an illegal gun.

A lot of US guns hit the black market to Mexico.

But still a trickle compared to the stuff coming the other way across the border.. You would think if this was a real big problem mexico would be asking the US to build a fence of some kind..... Right?

Huge numbers of MGs are, quite simply, "missing" or unaccounted for.

From who? The military goes ape-s**t even of over a missing M9, NVGs or bayonnet, so it's pretty hard to make off with government weapons.

The only instance I've actually see of a .mil weapon being lost is an Aviation unit, had a 1SG "misplace" an M16 in the dinning hall at North Ft. Hood that they never recovered. :eek:

But I guess the LEOs may not be as cautious with weaponry.

Back