What happened to the S&W Nightguard series...

Sturmpanzer

I saw one years ago but couldnt afford it at the time... It was a S&W Nightguard 3" bbl, matte black with factory nightsights...was a 7 rounder...what happened to this series and are they out there for sale anywhere... Coolest revolver I ever passed up....

You mean like this one?
Yeah, they are super cool, but EXPENSIVE!:eek:

Had to pass on this one for the 1100.00 used price in California!
They came in the L and N series. This one is the 386 with the seven round cylinder.

I just can't convince myself to spend that much money when my .357 LCR is just as potent and although it holds two round less, my Seecamp is always in my other pocket for 7 more rounds. A seven round speedloader would be huge to carry.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180312_182402.jpg
    20180312_182402.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 538
At the time they were in production the Nightguard models didn't sell all that well, so S&W in it's short sighted wisdom ceased production. A few years later people started wanting them and the prices on the used market went up and up.

I've owned three of them, 2 45s and one 357. Sold off the 45s. Had the 357 machined so it would accept 7-round Moonclips. I still have it because no-one will buy it, even at a considerable loss to me. Go figure.

Dave

I have owned two over the years. A 310 which was a 6 shot 10mm using moon clips. I let a guy in Florida talk me out of it.

I still have a 315NG which is a K Frame 38 Special rated for +P. They should have kept this one in production as a Lady Smith. The K Frame Air Weight is light enough to carry, and big enough to shoot well.

Bob R

Back