What Happened to the Beretta 9000?

Swamp Yankee

The Beretta 9000 was supposed to hit the stores earlier this fall. The local shops have some on order but have no idea when they will arrive. There is also a lot of rumbling about the quality of this pistol being way below that which is expected from Beretta. The fact I do not see a lot of promotion for this model leaves me to believe something's up.
Has anyone seen or shot one of these? Any input as to what is going on with the 9000?
As always thanks in advance for the response.

I saw one a year ago and reported on it on these boards. It might make a nice pistol as a back up to someone shooting a 92 or 96 since the 9000 uses the same mags. As far as I know they are out and available, but I did not expect them to sell well. They are chunky for a 10 round pistol.

I asked about them last week at a local dealer and I was told that they had been recalled for a minor safety defect . He had received a couple for some customers that had been waiting for them for some time and he had to send them right back before he delivered them. I forgot what he said the reason was for recalling them, but he said it was a minor fix. I still haven't had a chance to see one.

"Minor safety defect" probably means that the guy who bought serial number 000001 still has some fingers left on his shooting hand. :)

Back