What gun are you going to use this year?

impact

I have killed many deer with my Winchester featherweight mod 70 in 270.
DSC00906.jpg
And along the way she got a few dents in the stock. But she is still a good shooter.
This year I want to try something different. I bought this CVA black powder Mag bolt 150 on sale.
The gun shoots pretty good. and for a sidearm I need to refinsh this kit gun
and dress up like a mountain man. I passed up a deal on a Thompson Contender Hawkins 54 cal rifle. I wish I had bought the gun :( . That would have looked good with the mountain man outfit. I don't hunt for horns. I much rather hunt for the meat. I just wanted to do something different this year. Have that traditional look.

Show me some of your hunting rigs for this year.

I will be taking a Ruger M77 .338 Win Mag (215 grain Sierra GameKings) and a Ruger M77 Stainless Synthetic 7mm WSM(160 grain GameKings) to Colorado in six weeks for a cow elk hunt.

For deer I will use my Remington 700 .270 with 150 grain Sierra GameKings.

I have had a long standing love affair with the Winchester Model 70 and love my .257 Roberts. I believe it is the most beautiful bolt action rifle made and when they came out with the COYOTE rifle 3 or 4 years ago I immediately wanted one. (I have not gotten one yet)

Your featherweight looks great!

With a bit of luck and some fast load development a Husqvarna 1600 in 6.5x55..

Other than that pre 64 Model 70 in 300 H&H

WildmaybeillshootsumpinmorelikelyillgetstuckworkinAlaska

First one out of the rack will be...

Browning Mircoburner set at 55lbs, Cobra site (Trophy Ridge in waiting), Carbon arrows(not shown). Broadhead choices will be Magnus (ol' uncle Ted's) or NAP expandable 100gr. Shown here, ready for travel, strapped to my internal frame with 3liter hydration bladder.

bp2s.jpg

For big game hunting, there is only one rifle I need. Been taking it on every hog and deer hunt for the past 10+ years. No rifle I like better and no rifle I bought cheaper...

It's The Mosin Nagant M1891/30

mosinnagant16tr.jpg

Ain't it a beauty? :D

I'm using my Ruger SRH in .454 Casull this year for deer hunting. I'm getting a scope for it though I havent decided which one yet, I am leaning towards a Burris 3-12X. I think I'll have a good chance this year :)

Remington 700BDL in .270win with 130gr Winchester Ballistic Silver Tips.

Can you say,... tack-driver. I love this gun!

I ran across a great deal on Winchester Model 70 in 300 WSM. I have not killed anything with it yet, so I must take it hunting (to get blood on it).

Yeah, I know that is strange.

Charles

I'm going to be hunting *possibly* next year with my K31, but that's only if I can find a hunters' education course, someone to take me hunting, and somewhere to get some more trigger time first. :(

And maybe a bigger fridge. :D

Wolfe.

my savage

Husqvarna 1600
i coulda sworn that was a chainsaw actually

my savage model 110L .270 loaded with 130 grain SSTs or for real short range bush work mayyyyybe mayyyyyybe mayyyyyybe my brother's SKS but i will have a hard time trying to convince myself to take it, if i do itll be limited to 50 yard shots and im only considering it because of the open sights.

i coulda sworn that was a chainsaw actually

Likely is (hunting a la "DOOM3"?). But Motorcycle / Small Arms have a long and distinguished history. Had an "anti" buddy back in the dark ages that rode a BSA. He was appalled to learn what "BSA" actually stood for.

...thread now being returned to its normal programming...

Back