What good is a new gun without ammo?

gunpowder

I bought a new SW99 the other day and thought
I would stop by the local Kmart to get some ammo to try it out. To my suprise they were all out of 9mm and all other ammo was pretty scarce. Must have been a Y2K thing. Anyways they said it could be weeks before their next shipment. I found some UMC and Winchester Clean at Walmart but only one box of PP loads (Federal. I guess I will have to wait to try PP loads. Anyone else finding ammo hard to find after Y2K shopping frenzies?

I cannot verify if this is true, but I was advised by the local K-Mart that they have discontinued handgun ammunition.

Hey Gunpowder,
Don't you have things called GUNSTORES where you live that sell ammo? :confused:
If you still insist on buying your ammo from a clothing store, try Wally World!!! (WallMart) Come on guy, a quality weapon like a Walther or Smith & Wesson deserves to have it's food purchased from a quality purveyor. :D Let the glock owners shop at K-mart and Wally World. :p :p

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited January 14, 2000).]

Denfoote,
No "gunshops" in my county. There are two in the next county but both were closed and they know they are the only gunshops around ($). I have to travel an hour to the nearest large city to find a decent gunshop of size. I will have to just break down and find time to go when the locals are open.

Also, too bad they don't sell JHP in boxes of ten so you can get an idea how they will perform before you purchase a large amount of the top two or three to give them the real test. One of the boxes I did buy wouldn't feed well. I only shot 9 and will have to do some trading with friends to get rid of the rest. It was the cheap UMC so no real loss. I will just have to stear clear of round bullets and go with the cone shaped.

I was at WallyWorld just tonight. Hardly any ammo there, very few long guns. Only one choice for .40 S&W... 2 boxes of Federal 135gr. Personal Defense.

------------------
The Bible is my lawbook. I turn the other cheek when applicable, and spend the rest of my days resisting evil at every front, until I have breathed my last breath.

Back