What following limits do most Americans support?

What following private firearm limits do most Americans support?

• Maximum firearm capacity of 6 rounds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maximum firearm capacity of 10 rounds

• Maximum firearm capacity of 15 rounds

• Maximum individual ownership of 250 rounds of ammunition

• Maximum individual ownership of 500 rounds of ammunition

• Maximum individual ownership of 1000 rounds of ammunition

• Maximum individual ownership of 10 firearms

• Maximum individual ownership of 15 firearms

• Maximum individual ownership of 20 firearms

• Individually owned firearms must be Smart Guns

• Ban of suppressors

• Ban of silencers

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Ban of firearms

• None of the above

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATN082268

What following limits on privately owned firearms/ammunition/equipment do you think most Americans would support? Assume there will probably be very narrowly tailored exceptions in some cases. Choose all that apply.

Last edited:
Do polls not show in Tapatalk? Still getting the hang of the app.

I personally would support background checks at gun shows. It's not very inconvenient. If you can do it at Cabela's or Academy, you can do it at a gun show. If you go to a gun show just to dodge the check, maybe you shouldn't be buying a firearm.

My $.02.

Last edited:
Who voted to ban silencers? Someone like their ears blown out or did someone watch too many movies and believe anyone with a silencer is a hit man? :rolleyes:

I can't and won't speak for "most Americans": I have very little faith in the average, Public School indoctrinated American ...... hell, the average American household is more likely than not to be dependent upon a direct payment of one sort or another from the Federal Government for it's members standard of living, and will vote for whatever pol promises to keep the getting the EBT card refilled on the 1st and 15th.

..... as for me and my house, I'd vote none of the above.

IRDWalrus: ... I personally would support background checks at gun shows. ...

I see vendors doing background checks at guns shows. It's the law now.

Are you advocating that private sales at gun shows also do background checks?

Don't you think gun owners have compromised enough, if not too much, already?

I personally would support background checks at gun shows. It's not very inconvenient. If you can do it at Cabela's or Academy, you can do it at a gun show. If you go to a gun show just to dodge the check, maybe you shouldn't be buying a firearm.

My $.02.
Last edited by IRDWalrus; Today at 04:51 AM.

There are background checks at gun shows. And they are optional for all private sales (if the seller wants to do one, then they find a FFL and run a check on the buyer).

What I find funny is the wording on the poll (ie. a line for suppressors, then a line for "silencers"...showing ignorance of the equipment). Honestly, there are too many laws on the books already, a lot don't get enforced, and some are just asinine.

I read that too, but worded it the same since someone actually voted for it. Once again people believe movie suppressors are like real life in that they completely silence a shot.

Seems to me this is a series of poll questions asking the people here what they think OTHER people would support, not what we'd ourselves support.

Given some replies I've deleted and the totally useless scientific nature of the 'poll', I see this giving us nothing useful and only promoting acrimony.

Thus, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back