What do you think: What will policing going to look like in 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXAZ

What's going to happen and how will you deal with it?

If the police were partially to substantially to totally defunded as various political persuasions have suggested, what does public safety look like in 5 years? And how would you protect yourself?

Everyone decides to always play nice and never get into a heated argument?

Everyone carries a weapon?

Small groups of citizens develop their own self-protection groups?

"Security companies" now send armed officers to alarm responses?

Policing as usual, with the proviso that people / groups may not be engaged unless they are engaged in an active shooting?

Pretty much what we have now?

Total civil war?

I can’t speculate on what will happen in the future. I honestly don’t think policing will go away, but there needs to be reform of some sort, such as better training and more transparency regarding bad cops.

With that said, defunding the police will not appear on the ballot in Minneapolis this year as far as I can tell. The Minneapolis City Council overstepped their authority and tried pushing for it to happen but we have this thing called the City Charter which mandates a police force and budgeting for the city. There are bad ideas and then there are really bad ideas.

Small groups of citizens develop their own self-protection groups?

You mean like the neighborhood street gangs which extort money for protection from themselves?
Eliminating police will bring hardship to those cities. truckers have already said they will not deliver to cities without protection from the police so there goes groceries and other necessities of life; folks will be living like they did in East Germany (I am old enough to remember that stuff and when the Wall came down). It will become what the Left wants, a third world nation no longer the most powerful, just another state in the NWO. If that is allowed to happen, all civil rights will be long gone and you will have to find ways to protect yourself and family as the police will no longer be there.

What do you think: What will policing going to look like in 5 years?

The left is staging things to begin filling LE ranks with politicized, re-educated "progressive" youth.
Mark my words...

The only places you're likely to see any major and few minor changes in policing will be in large Democrat run cities.
The suburbs, and non-Dem "Fly over" country will see no changes.

Unless Biden wins, then expect the Feds to muscle local governments to make changes.
Even then, in upscale Dem run city areas you won't see police affected at all.
After all, that's were the Dem leaders and their class live, and we can't have mobs and criminals running loose in THOSE areas, now can we?

Just ask Chicago's mayor Lightfoot about demonstrators in HER neighborhood.

Executive discretion

If Bideen wins, beware the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution vis-a-vis the vice president!!!
That is the danger we face.

From what I have read and in conversation with LEOs, in a departmental "trial" the defendant has as many rights as say a defendant in the notorious "People's Court" of Nazi Germany. There will be a few local experiments with "kinder, gentler" policing, they will be failures, people will clamor for older, more traditional-and more effective methods. I recall in the 1970s one department -in California, IIRC experimented with having its police wear a uniform "sports jacket" with their equipment and firearm out of sight-the public rejected it. Likewise there has been public rejection police wearing ball caps in place of the service cap with badge. In my town the police made up a school bus safety video for the kiddies narrated by one of the cops, he's an authority figure for them.
More use of medical high tech for field sobriety tests for alcohol and drugs. In my town one drunk idiot hit a bicyclist, among the charges against her was texting while driving.

No disaster shall go wasted.
This lawlessness will continue to spread and at some point it will be necessary for us to surrender our freedoms to "reign in" the anarchy.

See, that's how it works and always has worked. First you create the need. Then you stoke the fires with rhetoric and propaganda and then finally you take the extraordinary measures necessary to "fix" the problem.

Done well, people will be standing in line to turn in their weapons and surrender their rights for the good of the state.

This is just a little something I learned from Uncle Joe Goebbels.

I think if these riots continue and spread a couple of scenarios may play out. 1) normal, law abiding citizens and gun owners will fight back. I’m not suggesting militias, although that’s kinda starting. but angry citizens who aren’t going to continue to sit and watch lawlessness on full display while Dems do nothing. 2) Martial law will be declared in the absence of local law enforcement being unable to do their jobs. Either way, I can’t help but think that these rioters are poking the sleeping bear and when that bear wakes up it’s game over

No disaster shall go wasted.
This lawlessness will continue to spread and at some point it will be necessary for us to surrender our freedoms to "reign in" the anarchy.

See, that's how it works and always has worked. First you create the need. Then you stoke the fires with rhetoric and propaganda and then finally you take the extraordinary measures necessary to "fix" the problem.

Done well, people will be standing in line to turn in their weapons and surrender their rights for the good of the state.

This is just a little something I learned from Uncle Joe Goebbels.

BIG +1; they're playing the Goebbels and Alinsky playbooks to a T..............

I'm going to figure I don't have a crystal ball,and time will tell.

I'm going to breathe. Whatever is going to happen,I will deal with as it happens.

No sense bringing on a heart attack worrying.

Somebody said "Americans do the right thing.....after they explore all the other options.

While I pray you are wrong, I fear you are close to reality.

they have been filling the ranks with liberally educated radical youth since 1960. A tv show called Hill Street Blues showed how well that was done.

watch worlds wildest videos, repeats yes, but very good things to watch. Watch all that random violence from the 3rd world. that is what the liberals want for america.

if you are a law abiding citizen, they want you to be reduced to nothing but clubs, sharpened sticks and pieces of sharpened sheet metal with pieces of radiator hose for a handle.

repeat offenders will be using fire arms against you.

This thread has political overtones and undertones, but I don't see anything in it that seems to be firearms-related, so we're going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back