What do you think of Springfield Scopes?

It seems some people don't like them, and I'm not sure why. My buddie and I each have one, 3rd gen. Gov. Model, 6x20x56mm, with mil dots and lit reticle. We both love them. We have both had them out in cold, wet, hot weather, and have never had any problem with them. I really like the internal level bubble. The optics are just as sharp and clear as any Leopold I've ever seen. Even on 20x there is no noticable light loss. I think they are great and highly recomend them.
JMHO and .02 FWIW

Springfield Scope

I bought a new "Loaded" M1A and it had a coupon for a Springfield scope. The 6X Government Model. I think with the coupon it was about $105.00. I waited almost a year to get it along with another goodie that was offered. The scope was a piece of junk. It actually fell apart before I could fire 20 rounds. I called Springfield and they told me to send it back and I would get a new one. I ask about the waiting period and they would not give a date. I ask if it would take a year to get a new one they said "probably". I just threw it in the trash and bought a Leupold. That is just my experience. Others may have better luck with Springfield. They just do not seem to offer acceptable customer service. I have had to send 1 scope back to Leupold and the service was great. It took less than a month to get it back. Springfield scopes are made in Japan. Probably by one of the companies that make Tasco or one of the other Japanese optics companies. I have looked at several Japanese made scopes and they are really good and are getting just about as pricey as Leupold. Good Luck. I have found that if you go ahead and buy a good scope to start with you are much better off. Spend the money and always keep the scope even if you do sell your rifle. Scopes are like custom accessories for your truck. When you get ready to trade it off they don't give you anything for your rifle even with a scope on it. Buy a good one and keep it.

Back